Sunday, July 4, 2010

Big Adventure Itinerary



Tomorrow is the big day! We are driving from El Paso, Texas to Naperville, Illinois. The drive should be filled with adventure!

The name of this blog was thought up by my friend, Jennifer and Aunt Debbie! Jennifer suggested "Carly and Sarah Do America." I am hoping she was referencing Beavis and Butthead as I don't want to be the only adult who thinks they are funny. Aunt Debbie contributed the "Their Big Adventure" part and my mom really likes Pee Wee's Tequila! dance in the movie. Unfortunately, we won't be acting out parts from either movie.

Expect to see pictures taken along the way along with posts from my mom, Carly, too!

The OFFICIAL Itinerary
Day 1 - drive 6 hours to Abeline, TX
Day 2 - drive 3 hours to Corinth, TX and stay with Debbie and Rich
Day 3 - drive 7 hours to Springfield, MO
Day 4 - Are you sitting down? WE ARE GOING TO LAURA INGALL WILDER'S HOUSE! and then drive 5 hours to Springfield, IL.
Day 5 - after touring Abraham Lincoln's house, we will be a mere 4 hours from Naperville, IL.

Disclaimer: My mom and I are famous for stopping a lot for mundane things and shopping!

5 comments:

  1. Yarn Shops along the way?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah: Stopping at truck stops is not my idea of "shopping". Ha...Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well....have you left yet or are you still arguing over how to pack the car? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please go to Sarah's Facebook page to see a step-by-step photo essay of their departure, with informative and amusing captions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course my reference was from B&B! I know your type! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete