Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Monday, July 5 2010

Bright and early Monday morning we picked up my son, Quinn and rode the train into Chicago. He always take the commuter to work. It made me so sleepy to hear the rhythmic sounds of the train on the track. Everyone was nodding off to sleep. We got off at the last stop which was downtown Chicago. I am sure we looked like typical tourists gawking at the really tall buildings. It is so busy there, people rushing around walking fast, not looking each other in the eye.

Quinn got us started in the right direction, which was east toward Lake Michigan. We were on our way to the Chicago Fine Arts Museum. It was about 10 blocks east and one and a half blocks south of the train station. It is a huge massive building with concrete lions guarding the front entrance. We had to wait a few minutes for the 10:30 A.M. opening.

Luckily, Sarah really enjoys viewing all the art works, like I do. We walked for two and a half hours and covered a lot of the exhibits. My favorite artist is Van Gogh, second is Rembrandt. It is impossible to see everything. So my next visit to Chicago, I will go back, God willing

No comments:

Post a Comment