Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday, July 09, 2010

Hello all:

We spent the night in Springfield, Ill. at a great hotel. All of the places where we have stayed all have been nice and have passed my inspection.

We awoke this morning and decided not to go to the Lincoln Home. It was a tough decision, but it was for the good of the trip, besides we are tired. We have been driving for four days...today will be the fifth.

We are in Illinois (silent s). We are at my son, Quinn's, now. Sarah and I took a nice nap on their couch (2 seperate couches) and we feel so much better. Their neighborhood is a quiet, shady, small forest with all the houses tucked in to their little niches. So nice. So pretty. The Fox River is just a few blocks away. Quinn and family have a boat in their garage that they take to the river and launch, quite frequently, by the looks of their tans.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you finally made it to Quinn's. Be sure to give everyone there my regards. I really enjoyed the last time we visited them, and I am sure the neighbors did too, judging from all the threatening phone calls we received from them about the "noise" from the basement "music" room.

    ReplyDelete